The Sunshine blogger Award is given to bloggers that bring inspiration and positivity to their readers and followers. I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Kristina Koti.
“Despite all the horrible things you have been through, you will still shine.”
Thank you so much for the nomination! Although I’m not writing to win awards, the recognition is appreciated. Its nice to know people read and enjoy my blog.
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate fellow bloggers you follow.
- Give them 10 questions to answer.
- Favorite word. Fluffle- (n.) a family or group of bunnies (*I only know this because I have a bunny and was curious **My bunny’s name is Pumpernickle which loosely translates to ‘Ghost Farter’ in German)
- Why blogging? I have a story to tell. I haven’t really talked about my past, but felt the need to share. I chose to do so in a blogging format in order to keep a certain anonymity, while still being open and honest about my experiences.
- The most beautiful compliment you have ever received. “You are the strongest person I know.” I shared my past with someone who is now very close to me [you know who you are] and he responded with this amazing compliment.
- Name one single thing you have done for someone else that has made you feel really good. For some reason, I’m having a hard time answering this question. I feel like I do a lot for people, but its not to make me feel good. I do it because its the right thing to do. Sure, I feel good afterwards, but no one instance comes to mind. Does that make me selfish some how?
- The hardest thing you have achieved and think how much you had to work for it. Putting myself through school and graduating with a Bachelor’s of Science degree on time (4 years), all the while working numerous jobs (multiple ones at once even), and going through what I went through (read my blog if you haven’t already).
- Have you ever stood against a mass of people? If yes, how did it feel to stand your ground for what you believe? I don’t feel like I have stood against a mass of people, mainly because I hate confrontation (its really a flaw of mine). I have, though, stood in front hundreds of people including family, friends, and strangers, and talked about what I went through in court all the while being analyzed by a defense team trying to prove me to be a liar to a jury panel. Although, the process was one of the hardest things I’ve ever been through, in the end, it made me feel relieved knowing that the man who hurt me is where he belongs (in prison), and that he can’t hurt anyone ever again.
- The highest peak you have ever climbed, if you haven’t yet, which one would it be? The highest peak I have climbed has been Old Rag Mountain (elevation: 2,415ft), located in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia.
- The craziest thing you have ever done and made you feel awesome. A couple summers ago, I went parasailing. My boyfriend and I opted for the highest ride: 1,000ft. We were off the coast of Virginia in the Atlantic Ocean. I have a slight fear of heights (being inside on the 100th floor of a building is fine, being in an open apparatus: not so much). I wouldn’t trade the experience for anything though and would highly recommend for everyone to try it at least once.
- What do you think you will be doing in 5 years from now? In all honesty, I have no idea. I hope to be travelling more. Maybe actually become a homeowner. Its the little things in life. 🙂
- How do you feel now, after answering all of the questions? Quite exhausted actually.
Questions for Nominees:
- What is your favorite song? If you don’t have just one, then what’s your favorite band/singer?
- Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what is it?
- Do you have any pets? If so, type/breed/name. If not, if you could have anything in the world (alive or otherwise) as a pet, what would it be and why?
- Share an inspirational mantra or quote that keeps you sane.
- Do you have any Tattoos? Piercings? If so, what/where, and does it have special meaning to you?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Tell us one thing you love about yourself.
- What is your favorite memory from childhood?
- Where is your happy place (physical location, not just in your head… or elsewhere ya perv)?
- Share an embarrassing story about yourself.
Thanks again to Kristina Koti for the nomination. I had fun with this post and look forward to reading what my nominees have to say.