This is my second Sunshine Blogger Award in 1 week! I am honored to know that people take the time to read what I have to say. Though my subject material is not for everyone, I feel it is important to share.
I was lucky enough to be nominated (for the second time) by Jade Costello. Jade writes about her thoughts on given subject mater in a very eloquent and honest way. Most recently, she posted about Elegance and how today, women who are viewed as elegant are typically ones who are portrayed as submissive wives to their authoritative husbands.
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate fellow bloggers you follow.
- Give them 10 questions to answer.
- Have you ever lived abroad? I have not. I’ve only ever travelled outside of my country (U.S.) once and it was to just the other side of the Canadian boarder by Niagara Falls. I do, however live with my boyfriend who is English, which can be quite foreign at times. Does that count?
- What song can you listen to over and over without getting bored? I have a whole playlist I could listen to repeatedly for all eternity, but my favorite song is by Carbon Leaf: Let Your Troubles Roll By.
- What book did you last read? Sophie Kinsella’s The Undomesticated Goddess. It is now one of my all time favorites, and I’m not a big bookworm, so that’s saying something! I took it with me on summer vacation and it lasted all of 3 days; not that the vacation was boring, just that the book was that good. 🙂
- Why did you start blogging? Like I said in my first Sunshine Blogger Award post: I have a story to tell. I haven’t really talked about my past, but felt the need to share. I chose to do so in a blogging format in order to keep a certain anonymity, while still being open and honest about my experiences.
- Where do you hope to be in a years time? Well… I’m a realist, so I will most likely be exactly where I am now: working the same job (its fairly new, so I’m okay with this thought), living in the same place with the same wonderful human being I call my Fella and our 3 fur babies, all the while, still saving up to buy our first house together. Ideally, I would like to have already moved into said house, but that would require an ungodly amount of saving and plan on going on multiple snowboarding trips this winter and venturing to Fella’s homeland next summer.
- Favourite subject in school? In primary school, it was Math (and Chemistry, but that’s just fancy math). During college, I took a Sociology class as a non-major related elective and really enjoyed it. As for major related, I would say Marketing and Consumer Behavior.
- What’s the current screensaver on your phone?
- Who is your favourite person in the world? Other than my Fella…? That would have to be my Momma. 🙂 She’s the most awesomest person in the whole world.
- How do you keep motivated? Cake…? But for real, I am a results driven person. I like to get things done and have the feeling of accomplishment at the end.
- What is your alcoholic drink of choice and why? Actually, I am allergic to alcohol. Not the I’m-going-die-if-I-have-one-sip kind of allergic. It just makes my muscles (specifically my biceps, quads, and neck) ache like I’ve just completed a really intense workout. Because of this, my alcoholic beverage of choice is whiskey. I can sip on it for a while without major discomfort. That’s not to say I don’t drink at all; I just really gotta want it.
Questions for Nominees:
- Are you a coffee drinker or tea drinker?
- Where is one place in the world that you want to visit?
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
- What has been your favorite vacation destination and why?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Do you collect anything?
- What is something that you are looking forward to at this very moment?
- Out of your posts, which one is your favorite? Why?
- What is one of your pet peeves?
Thanks again to Jade Costello for the nomination! I have enjoyed doing these award posts to shed a bit more light into my life.