3 Nominations in just 2 weeks!? I must be doing something right! Thank you so much Leesasee for my 3rd nomination of the Sunshine Blogger Award. Lisa writes about her travels to exotic places. She has quite the story (including being blacklisted from India!) as well as some great pictures to go along.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to a blogger who brings inspiration and positivity to their readers and followers. Though my subject mater is not the easiest to read, I hope that my story does in fact inspire others to share their own story, good or bad. Writing about my experience has been trying at times, but its also very liberating.
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate fellow bloggers you follow.
- Give them 10 questions to answer.
- What is your favourite place that you’ve travelled so far? Unfortunately, I have not travelled very much or very far, but so far, my favorite place I have traveled to has been Corpus Christi, Texas. It was the first trip I had ever flown somewhere, it is the farthest south and west that I have been in the U.S., and it was the first time I had seen the Gulf of Mexico. While I was there, I tried surfing for the first time, went horseback riding on the beach for the first (and second) time, and it was the first time I was serenaded my an authentic Mexican mariachi band. Everything during that trip was new and exciting and I didn’t want it to end. Though it is not a place I think I will ever return to, I enjoyed my time visiting.
- Have you ever been scuba diving? If not, would you try it? I have not been scuba diving, but would love to. In fact, I would say that it would be on my bucket list! Even more so if it were to swim with sea turtles as I absolutely adore them.
- What is your least favourite food? Haggis. I tried it once at an Irish festival just to say that I have, and never again. For those of you who don’t know what haggis is: it’s sheep’s innards (heart, liver, and lungs) mixed with spices, onions, and stock that is combined into a pudding-like substance and boiled inside of a sheep’s stomach for at least 3 hours. Who the hell came up with this idea, ate it, and decided it was good!?
- Socks and sandals, fashion crime or completely acceptable? I wouldn’t say ‘completely’ acceptable, but I’m not one to keep up with the current trends. I will say, I used to wear the combination on a regular basis, but that is only because I played volleyball in high school and I refused to wear my court shoes anywhere but, and sandals where easy to slip into with my socks and ankle braces still on. But I wouldn’t be seen in public wearing them now or even with someone who’s wearing them (except for my dad cause, well, I feel like dads can get away with it).
- What’s the craziest experience you’ve had to date? I have a crazy-bad and a crazy-good experience. Crazy-bad would be when I almost got in a fight at a concert. Some chick was being belligerent, and decided to try and pick a fight with me after she stole my hat and I went to retrieve it, so I threw one good punch that landed somewhere on her face (chin maybe?), then got restrained by my father. I have never been a fighter, but if someone comes at me, you better believe I’m going to hold my own. Crazy-good would be when I got enough courage (and support from my Fella) last year to snowboard the expert slopes. It was scary, difficult, invigorating, fun and everything in between. I fell pretty hard a couple of times, but I was so proud of myself for doing it. It only took me 8 years. 🙂
- Favourite childhood memory? My family used to host a 4th of July party every year at the house. Family and friends would come over. There would be really good food, badminton tournaments, super-soaker water gun wars, sparklers, and of course: fireworks. My dad was (still is) a rocket scientist, so when he would shoot off fireworks, I always thought that that was what he did everyday at work, and that was the coolest thing ever! I think that’s why the 4th of July is my favorite holiday!
- You get your bill at a restaurant and realize they’ve forgot something on it, what do you do? I wouldn’t say anything. I would just leave a bigger tip. 🙂 If they notice it after I leave, then its their decision to make.
- What’s your biggest fear? Being alone.
- How many (and which) languages do you know? Fluent, partial or learning? I am an American so English is my #1. I have a country twang that comes out around the right people so Southern American English is my #2 (if that counts). And I studied Spanish through high school and college, so I would say I’m partial with Spanish (#3), though I don’t use it much anymore, so I feel like I’m losing it over time.
- Which place do you absolutely HAVE TO visit before you die? (Try to pick somewhere you haven’t already been) Colorado. I want to snowboard, hike, shop, dine, lodge; experience anything and everything that Colorado has to offer.
- How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Based on my understanding of woodchucks, I would have to say that a woodchuck could probably chuck more wood than me so… more than the equivalent of 4 twigs.
Questions for Nominees:
- Have you ever been fired from a job?
- What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
- What has happened to you as a result of blogging?
- What is a bad habit you have that you wish to correct?
- Where do you enjoy blogging the most? At home on the couch? At a local coffee shop sipping a specialty drink?
- What is your favorite gift you have ever received?
- Have you ever experienced something close to being in a fairytale?
- If you could have a meal with anyone (alive or otherwise) and pick their brain, who would it be and why?
- What is #1 on your bucket list?
- Have you experienced being in love? If so, what was the moment you knew you were in love?
Thanks again to Leesasee for the nomination!