I feel like Meet Me In Nevada and I are playing tag with awards lately, but I suppose that’s what happens when you have two bloggers who enjoy one another’s blogs. 🙂 I have been nominated by her for the Real Neat Blog Award.
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, by linking their blogs
- Let them know of their nomination (by commenting on their blog etc.)
- Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? I can see how some see it as strength, but for me, it’s definitely a sign of weakness, but not in a pathetic sense of the word (if that makes sense). When I cry, typically it’s because I am overrun with emotions, whether I’m happy, sad, angry, whatever. For me, crying is the result of pent up emotions being released, essentially weakening me to the point that I can’t hold it in anymore.
- When was the last time you tried something new? Two weeks ago, I found out that I had to replace my tail lights in my car, and instead of forking over $600 for a so-called professional to do it, I took matters into my own hands, or at least I tried. I was able to remove my old tail lights but determined that I probably should leave it to the professionals when it comes to electrical work. But I found someone to do it for $65, so I still call it a win.
- Who do you love and what are you doing about it? I love my roommate; my best friend; my partner in crime; my cuntwaffle (don’t ask); My Fella. We came into each others’ lives so unexpectedly, but I’m so glad we did. Since day one, he has shown me nothing but respect and provided me with so much support in all areas of my life, and I couldn’t be more appreciative. I show him my love by turning on the kettle for his tea in the morning (when I remember); by telling him a million and one times a day that I adore him; by taking care of him after spending Sunday afternoons getting drunk and screaming at the television because of the bad calls the refs made or the poor defense his team was exhibiting (it has become our routine that I wouldn’t trade for anything). I like to express my love in small, endearing ways throughout everyday life, because to me, they are the most cherished.
- What is the difference between living and existing? To me, existing has more of a scientific connotation; basically, to be, whether, it is tangible, intangible, alive or dead, whereas living is more individualized: you can chose how you want to live, whether it is exciting or more reserved; it’s your choice.
- Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? Unfortunately, I’m holding on to the possibility of reconnecting with my best friend. I would like to say we had a falling out because I feel like I would have some sort of closure, but our friendship came to an abrupt halt about a year ago, and I still can’t bring myself to move on. As more time passes, it is becoming easier to let go, but it still hurts. 😦
- If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book would you choose? I had to read a book for my Earth Science class in high school (weird, I know), but I’m so glad I did. The book is October Sky (previously called Rocket Boys) by Homer Hickam. It’s based on real events that led to the launch of Sputnik 1. Since reading the story, I have found more and more meaning relating to my life personally. All around, it is a great story about perseverance, courage and believing in one’s self.
- Can you describe your life in a six-word sentence? Currently where I’m supposed to be. 🙂
I wanted to pick a group of blogs that I truly feel are ‘Real Neat’; ones that are unique, from the topic of their blog to their writing style.
Take a gander at these blogs; I promise, you won’t regret it.
Questions for my Nominees:
- What is the background on your phone/computer (whatever you do most of your blogging from) ?
- What is your favorite breakfast food?
- What is something that people are surprised to learn about you?
- Though most people say they live without regrets, what is one regret you have in life?
- Using 8 words, describe your hope for the future.
- What is the greatest compliment you have ever received?
- What came first: the chicken or the egg?
Thanks again to Meet Me In Nevada for yet another nomination. You rock!