Just kidding. This isn’t breaking news. I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award twice in the last week; one from my girl Quinn over at When Do I Get the Manual? and one from Jade at Jaded Mine Fields. Since I’ve been accepting awards left, right, and center, I’m going to combine these two nominations into one post. And because I’ve completed this award a while ago, I’m going to use my same answers, cause, ya know, they haven’t changed any.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to them
How BEXoxoBlog Came About
If I’m being honest (which is what my blog is all about), I was researching website platforms to use at work to start a new project. I was tasked with trying out a handful of host sites to get a feel for them and determine the best fit. After 2 failed attempts at other host sites, I came across WordPress, developed my site name, wrote my Intro, and after receiving decent enough feedback, I decided to continue. And here we are!
Advice for Bloggers
- If you want more followers, you have to read/like/comment/follow other blogs. It’s as simple as that. Checking out the Community Pool (posted every Monday by WordPress) and First Friday (by WordPress) are great forums to find fellow bloggers. Even if you visit a blogger’s site and leave some feedback, they will most likely do the same for you, and if they like what they see, they will give you a follow. It’s that easy!
- Your content is not going to be for everyone and that is perfectly fine. If you decide to start a blog, write about things that you want to write about; not what you think people want to read. It makes your work that much more authentic and enjoyable. As you may know, my content is not for everyone, but I am using my blog in a therapeutic way. My blog is very personal, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Instead of nominating a bunch of blogs for the second, third, fourth… time, I want you, my dear followers, to post in the comments, your favorite blog. Ideally, it would be one blog, but I understand if you’re torn between two or three. And if you want to invite said blog(s) to participate in this award, that’s cool too! Share the love! ❤ I will be visiting the blogs listed and I encourage all of my readers to do the same.
Although I tried to trade Quinn the award nomination for dibs to her amazing consolation sticker, she said I could have both because that’s how awesome she is. So… TA-DA!