So, if you haven’t noticed, I’ve stopped participating in blogging awards. I love getting nominated and receiving recognition, but I feel like a lot of them, especially the ones you see pretty regularly, have lost their charm due to their high circulation.
So on that note…
My blogging buddy, Hot Mess nominated me for the Liebster Award, and before you get your panties in a bunch about me just saying I don’t accept awards… I just want to answer her questions; I will not be nominating anyone (though there are a slew of blogs that I’m just in love with right now…).
- If you could choose any age to be forever, what age would you choose and why? Hmmm. This is tough… I’m currently 25, so I don’t know what it’s like to be 26, 27, 28, 29, 30… so I feel like I’m slightly unprepared to answer this properly. I don’t want to be a teenager, ’cause alcohol, and I wasn’t a fan of my college years, ’cause too much responsibility, so I’d say 23. I was finished with school (so paying student loans [yuck!]), I was on my own, living my adult life, I was 3 sizes smaller than I am now… 23 is a good age.
- What is the name of your first pet and your mother’s maiden name? Put those together and you have what your porn name is. Here, I’ll go first: 54 Cox. I kid you not! Nikki Mitchell. I feel like it’s incomplete some how…
- Describe your worst melt down or a time you behaved absolutely the worst. One day at my last job, I was butting heads with a co-worker because he decided I was too young to be his superior. He wasn’t doing his job and I ended up picking up his slack. I got so fed up with his immaturity and unprofessionalism, coupled with the fact that I found out earlier that day that my rapist would be released from prison a lot sooner than I thought he would, and I lost my shit. I verbally assaulted my co-worker, took a knife to his chair (out of anger), threw a tape dispenser across the room (out of frustration), and walked out of work. The funny thing was, I came back the next day expecting to have to apologize, but instead, my co-worker apologized to me and my boss called my outburst ‘understandable!’
- What is your oddest habit and why? I hate it, but biting my nails. I just hate the feeling of when my nails bend (just typing that gave me the heebee-jeebees). I’ve been trying really hard to use clippers and files recently, and so far so good.
- Name 3 things (not a person or a pet) that you would bring to a deserted island. A hammock, a good book, and sunscreen (as I’m a redhead).
- If you had to be on one of these 3 reality shows, which one would it be: Duck Dynasty, 19 Kids and Counting or Little Women: LA. Sorry, I tried to pick the worst. I’ve not seen any of these shows and I’m not sure what they’re about per se, but since I stand at a not-so towering 5’2″, I’ll go with Little Women: LA.
- Pick your pet: A labradoodle, a baby/puppy/monkey or a unicorn. A unicorn, duh.
- What is 1 thing you love about blogging and 1 thing you hate. The thing I love about blogging is the interaction with people I never knew existed; ya’ll are so awesome! The thing I hate is when someone comments on one of my posts and says, “Don’t forget to follow me back!” Like, umm, can you not!?
- What was your favorite blog post? Feel free to leave a link. I have to pick just one!? There are a handful that I like to go back and re-read over and over, but I think the one that has been published in an online magazine would be a fair choice: Modern Day Romance.
- What is 1 thing you regret during your time blogging? If any. I hate that I’ve slowed down with my postings, but life happens, and I’m not sorry about that!
Wow. You guys just learned a lot about me in just 10 answers. Sorry, not sorry. 😉
So, thank you Hot Mess for the questions. And for any of you not familiar with her blog, get over there and show her some love (and tell her I sent ‘ya).
Instead of nominating other blogs, I think I may end up writing a post just about the blogs that I’m enjoying without committing them to something such as an award questionnaire.
Now it’s off on a 6.5 hour road trip to Atlanta for the weekend! Woo!