Renata just wants to know all about me, and who can blame her–I’m pretty interesting. 🙂 My blogging buddy nominated me for the Hallotober Tag and I’m rarely one to shy away from such invitations. Thanks for thinking of me, Renata!
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post
- Put the rules at the beginning or after introduction
- Answer the 13 questions
- Tag 13 people to do the tag
- Delete Question 13, add a new number one question of your own
- You are free to use the tag image somewhere in the post
1. What’s your favorite thing about October? The overall aesthetic. I love the chilly mornings with heavy fog covering the mountain tops, the changing of the seasons with bright yellows, burnt oranges, and rusty reds; aromas of pumpkin and cinnamon wafting through the air at any given time and the customary attire of cozy sweaters and fluffy scarves cannot be beat.
2. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween? Nope. Once upon a time I would have said yes, but as of late I just enjoy the season, not necessarily the holiday.
3. What’s your favorite horror movie? Does The Rocky Horror Picture Show count?
4. Would you rather a cozy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume? Cozy night in–always.
5. Which has been your most favorite costume to date? My favorite childhood costume is when I dressed up as Arwen, the elf princess in The Lord of the Rings. My mom made my costume and I thought it was the most magical garment I ever wore. My favorite adult costume was when I dressed up like a fantasy football player complete with a football jersey and a tutu.
6. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch? I’ve not done either, but probably the witch one; bobbing for apples sounds grimy.
7. How do you celebrate Halloween? In recent years my husband and I take our motorcycles out or hole up in the basement playing videogames to avoid trick-or-treaters; it’s a fun tradition.
8. What’s your least favorite horror? Anything gory. I find gore extremely unnecessary in most situations.
9. Do you have a favorite trick or treating memory? One year I wore one of those blowup Frankenstein’s Monster costumes and I made a kid cry… that was fun.
10. What’s your favorite thing about Halloween? Seeing people’s creativity when it comes to costume and treat designs.
11. Scary costume or Silly costume? Silly, but more specifically: punny. Think cereal killer, French toast, Deviled egg (if you don’t get it, Google it)… anything unique and not store bought tickles my fancy.
12. What’s your favorite Halloween candy? Kit Kats. Yum!
13. What’s the Halloween candy that you always traded away as a kid? DOTS–finger traps of candies; fun for the first two seconds and a regretful acquisition soon after.
I shall tag:
1. Haunted houses/trails: a good time or not for you?
2. What’s your favorite thing about October?
3. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
4. What’s your favorite horror movie?
5. Would you rather a cozy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
6. Which has been your most favorite costume to date?
7. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
8. How do you celebrate Halloween?
9. What’s your least favorite horror?
10. Do you have a favorite trick or treating memory?
11. What’s your favorite thing about Halloween?
12. Scary costume or Silly costume?
13. What’s your favorite Halloween candy?
If I didn’t nominate you, but you’d still like to participate, feel free to just leave you answers in the comments or write up a post and tag me–I’d love to read your answers. Happy spooky season y’all!