So I got shot… THE shot. The one people are currently demanding… the same people who refuse to wear a mask and think this virus is a hoax. Yes, I got my first dose of the two dose Moderna COVID vaccine and I’m struggling internally asking: why me?
Welcome! And happy [American] Thanksgiving week!
I was graciously invited to participate this year in a blog-luck(?) by some pretty swell blogging friends. The informal invitation asked that I pick any dish to ‘bring’ to a digital blogger gathering and write a bit about it. I can not tell you how excited I got over the prospect of writing about food. Continue reading
How To: Becoming the Health Department’s Greatest Pain in the Ass During a Pandemic.
As you may or may not know I work for my local health department. Yes. We’ve been quite busy for the past, oh I don’t know, 9 months what with a global pandemic and all and we’ve had to deal with a lot of crazy. And I mean an absurd amount. Continue reading
Back in my day…
Nope. I’m not that old. Let me start again…
Once upon a time…
I’m also not a Disney princess–one more time…
Halloween used to be my busy season. I loved every part of the holiday from trick-or-treating to costume contests; haunted houses to carving pumpkins. I don’t recall a Halloween I didn’t celebrate in my childhood and as the years progressed, the quality of celebrations only improved. Continue reading
My parents came down for a visit a few weeks back and we spent an evening sitting on the screened porch by the fire pit sharing stories about our pasts. One of the questions that was posed was: What is your earliest memory? For me, my earliest memory is a mix of adventure, pain, frustration, and now, some comedic relief. Continue reading
It’s not what you think…
I was NOMinated for the Golden Bloggerz Award by fellow blogger Bill over at A Silly Place. Not only is his site full of great content, he genuinely loves to share others’ content that he finds interesting on a weekly basis. Thanks again Bill for being so supportive and also for the nom. 😉
- Place the award logo on your blog.
- Mention the rules.
- Thank whom ever nominated you and place a link to their website.
- Mention the awards creator and add a link to that, too.
- Tell your audience three things about you.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
Nominate 10 to 20 people who deserve this award.no thank you Let the nominees know by messaging/commenting on their social media or their blog.
- Ask you nominees any five questions that you want.
- Share two to three links to your best posts.
3 Lesser Known Facts
- You know how people can belly dance…? Yeah, I can’t do that, but I can roll my tongue. I can also form it into a 3 leaf clover.
- I used to play volleyball in high school and I was damn good at it. My first 2 years I played as the setter (my nickname was Irish Setter because of my red hair) and then as the libero (back row digger) my last year. My only regret in life is that I didn’t continue playing in college.
- One of my first jobs was working construction. I mostly helped with leveling the ground before asphalt was poured. I also helped the company plant 500 trees as a tax write off.
1. What is your favorite quotation, and why?
Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward. -Oscar Wilde
You know the saying Jack of all trades, master of none… I want to epitomize that persona. I do all the things so I can learn all the things.
2. Your house is burning down. You, your loved ones and your pets will all get out safely, but you can only take one thing with you. What is it? Realistically my phone most likely, but no one likes to play ‘realistic’ games, so I would take my childhood blankie.
3. What is something (or someone) you hate, even though you know it’s completely irrational? The Beastie Boys. Heaven help me! I just can’t stand their sound–like literal nails on a chalkboard. Anytime they come on the radio, believe me when I say: I legitimately scream to drown out the sound until I can change the station. Why do I have such a visceral reaction to their music I
hear sense you asking…? I have no idea. I’ve never really listened to their music on my own volition. I have no ill feelings towards the group members or bad memories associated with their music. My body just rejects their sound entirely.
4. In 25 words or less, what is your process for writing blog posts? I treat my blog like a journal. I recount my adventures and share stories that have impacted me. I pick a topic and word vomit.
5. What is the last thing you regretted doing? Does it count if it was an accident? I accidentally cut someone off in traffic the other day and she wound up behind me in the drive-thru of a fast-food restaurant. I felt so guilty that I paid for her order. I still feel bad about cutting her off though. Sorry lady!
- What is something you are passionate about?
- Wearing socks during sleep… atrocity or nightly habit?
- What do you want for Christmas this year?
- What is your go-to Taco Bell order?
- What is your dream car?
This is where I’m supposed to nominate people and since I don’t like being put in the position of ‘captain of the kickball team in the school yard’, I shall abstain from this responsibility. But if you wish to participate (ie. answer my ingenious questions), by all means. (And if you wear socks to bed I’m not sure I can respect your opinions anymore)
Some of my greats
One of my posts was published on an online magazine, so I guess that has to be one of my best pieces: Modern Day Romance.
My first ever post still is one of my favorites. It really gives the reader insight into younger, care-free me: I Was That Girl In School…
My most viewed post is this one: Soulmate vs. Red String of Fate.
I’m over summer. I got my fill and I’m ready for the seasonal change. Is it just me?
I’ve already started listening to my Halloween music and burning fall-scented candles. I’m just waiting for the temperature to fall below 70 degrees so I can break out my scarves and sweaters.
I finally had a break and it was glorious. I didn’t have to think about COVID. I didn’t have to deal with aggressive call center callers. I didn’t have to worry about stocking the health bus and running logistics for our test sites. We had a week of sleeping in, eating whatever we wanted, and getting maybe a little too much sun. Continue reading