My parents came down for a visit a few weeks back and we spent an evening sitting on the screened porch by the fire pit sharing stories about our pasts. One of the questions that was posed was: What is your earliest memory? For me, my earliest memory is a mix of adventure, pain, frustration, and now, some comedic relief. Continue reading
1. What was your favorite childhood book? Go dog. Go!
2. What was your favorite TV show as a child? Rocket Power
3. What book did you read in secret as a kid? Next question…
4. What album and CD do you love and know by heart? So many, but I’m going to say Avril Lavigne’s Complicated.
5. What book did you hate as a student? George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four-Bleh! Continue reading
When I first started flying, I had my own personal pilot. My ex obtained his pilot’s license in the middle of our on-again-off-again relationship which meant free flights on the weekends to neighboring airports. It was fun to be able to hop on a plane and take off with no real destination in mind, no required hoops to jump through with TSA, and no hassle of what to pack for the trip; just grab a pair of sunglasses, a set of headphones (the aviation kind), and away we went. Continue reading