Renata just wants to know all about me, and who can blame her–I’m pretty interesting. 🙂 My blogging buddy nominated me for the Hallotober Tag and I’m rarely one to shy away from such invitations. Thanks for thinking of me, Renata!
It’s not what you think…
I was NOMinated for the Golden Bloggerz Award by fellow blogger Bill over at A Silly Place. Not only is his site full of great content, he genuinely loves to share others’ content that he finds interesting on a weekly basis. Thanks again Bill for being so supportive and also for the nom. 😉
- Place the award logo on your blog.
- Mention the rules.
- Thank whom ever nominated you and place a link to their website.
- Mention the awards creator and add a link to that, too.
- Tell your audience three things about you.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
Nominate 10 to 20 people who deserve this award.no thank you Let the nominees know by messaging/commenting on their social media or their blog.
- Ask you nominees any five questions that you want.
- Share two to three links to your best posts.
3 Lesser Known Facts
- You know how people can belly dance…? Yeah, I can’t do that, but I can roll my tongue. I can also form it into a 3 leaf clover.
- I used to play volleyball in high school and I was damn good at it. My first 2 years I played as the setter (my nickname was Irish Setter because of my red hair) and then as the libero (back row digger) my last year. My only regret in life is that I didn’t continue playing in college.
- One of my first jobs was working construction. I mostly helped with leveling the ground before asphalt was poured. I also helped the company plant 500 trees as a tax write off.
1. What is your favorite quotation, and why?
Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward. -Oscar Wilde
You know the saying Jack of all trades, master of none… I want to epitomize that persona. I do all the things so I can learn all the things.
2. Your house is burning down. You, your loved ones and your pets will all get out safely, but you can only take one thing with you. What is it? Realistically my phone most likely, but no one likes to play ‘realistic’ games, so I would take my childhood blankie.
3. What is something (or someone) you hate, even though you know it’s completely irrational? The Beastie Boys. Heaven help me! I just can’t stand their sound–like literal nails on a chalkboard. Anytime they come on the radio, believe me when I say: I legitimately scream to drown out the sound until I can change the station. Why do I have such a visceral reaction to their music I
hear sense you asking…? I have no idea. I’ve never really listened to their music on my own volition. I have no ill feelings towards the group members or bad memories associated with their music. My body just rejects their sound entirely.
4. In 25 words or less, what is your process for writing blog posts? I treat my blog like a journal. I recount my adventures and share stories that have impacted me. I pick a topic and word vomit.
5. What is the last thing you regretted doing? Does it count if it was an accident? I accidentally cut someone off in traffic the other day and she wound up behind me in the drive-thru of a fast-food restaurant. I felt so guilty that I paid for her order. I still feel bad about cutting her off though. Sorry lady!
- What is something you are passionate about?
- Wearing socks during sleep… atrocity or nightly habit?
- What do you want for Christmas this year?
- What is your go-to Taco Bell order?
- What is your dream car?
This is where I’m supposed to nominate people and since I don’t like being put in the position of ‘captain of the kickball team in the school yard’, I shall abstain from this responsibility. But if you wish to participate (ie. answer my ingenious questions), by all means. (And if you wear socks to bed I’m not sure I can respect your opinions anymore)
Some of my greats
One of my posts was published on an online magazine, so I guess that has to be one of my best pieces: Modern Day Romance.
My first ever post still is one of my favorites. It really gives the reader insight into younger, care-free me: I Was That Girl In School…
My most viewed post is this one: Soulmate vs. Red String of Fate.
As you may have seen, this Vogue Parody tag has been making the rounds and Rosie linked my blog, so it would be rude not to respond. If you want to learn a little bit more about me, then here are my answers to 73 questions:
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
2. What does your workstation look like?
Organized with a few plants and a plastic, color-changing chandelier Continue reading