Have you ever had one of those weeks where you feel like you can’t keep up? Or maybe one where things are happening around you, but you feel very disconnected? That’s actually how I’ve felt the last 4 months. I’m perpetually exhausted, the quality of work I do does not meet my own standards, my health is not what I want it to be, and I just want a break… all. the. time. Hell, I even went home and napped yesterday after work; I never nap!
Fella and I will be vacationing in August to a cottage on a lake, but it seriously can’t come soon enough. My mind is craving something different; an adventure; a break from the norm… So when an old high school friend reached out and asked if I would go on a hike with her, I jumped at the opportunity.
She had her heart set on a sunrise hike and her mind set on having coffee once she reached the peak. Though I’m not at her level of <high> maintenance, I made sure her dreams became a reality. We woke up at 3am and drove out to the trailhead. We hit the trail at 4:30am with flashlights in hand, snacks and water (including a thermos with hot water) in my pack, and a french press and hand gun in my friend’s; like I said, high maintenance.
It was a challenge hiking the 4 miles to the top trying not to slow down or break in order to make the sunrise, but by-golly we did it. Though I don’t have an official bucket list, this experience was definitely on it and now I can figuratively cross it off. If you’ve not done a sunrise hike, I highly suggest you get on it; it’s beyond rewarding and to a point, spiritual.
On another, somewhat related note, Cass nominated me for another Sunshine Blogger Award, which is so sweet! Thanks again for thinking of me, Cass.
- What’s your favorite genre of books or movies? I’m a sucker for a good love story, but my favorites are humor/comedy focused.
- What is one thing you can not live without? Probably tea. I go through about a gallon every 2 days.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Really anywhere (stupid rona), but I’ve been itching to go to Switzerland lately; the Swiss Alps are calling my name.
- What fad or trend do you hope comes back? I’m not one that keeps up with or follows trends, but I will always love bell bottom jeans.
- Which celebrity would you want to be friends with? Jennifer Lawrence seems like a good choice.
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Bread. You can make it sweet. You can make it savory. You can eat it cold. You can eat it hot. It really is the most versatile food there is.
- If you had three wishes, what would you wish for? World freakin’ peace (am I right?), the ability to converse in any language, and universal healthcare for the entire world.
- If you were an animal, what would you be? An otter.
- What are the top three things that stress you out? People, clutter, and not having a plan.
- What’s your absolute dream job? I want to be the person that comes up with the punny names for makeup products and nail polishes.
- What TV show could you rewatch over & over? I am a Gilmore Girls fan through and through, but anytime I see an episode of The Fresh Prince on tv, I have to put it on.