… is that she is calm in the storm and anxious in the quiet.
Greetings my friends. I feel like I’ve been away for so long. Apologies. I’ve just been livin’ it up in the real world. Becky nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award and though I haven’t participated in an award ‘ceremony’ in a while, I figure it’s a good way to pop in and provide some content on this ‘ol blog for those who are itchin’ to hear from me.
Thanks for the tip-of-the (baseball) hat Becky!
Now if you know me even just a little bit, you know that I’m a rule breaker; a march to the beat of her own drum kinda gal… as such I will not be including the list of rules malarchy, nor will I be nominating anyone (mainly because Becky nominated most everyone I would have nominated).
Basically I’m just here to write a thank you post to Becky for thinking of me and to answer her questions.
- Who is the person you text with the most? That would have to be my husband… or my mom… it’s really a tossup between the 2.
- What’s the best meal/food you can make? I’d have to say my chile lime salmon burger with avocado mayo is pretty damn delicious.
- (weird question) What’s one superpower you would NOT want? It’s a tie. I wouldn’t want to hear what other people think; that just sounds noisy. Nor would I want the ability to shrink/grow (like Ant Man) because then people would want to recruit me to shrink down to size and fly up some bad guy’s asshole and grow big to kill him. I’m not about that life.
- What can you talk about for hours? For some reason this is tough one for me. I can talk about a myriad of topics for quite a while, but for hours…? I’ll have to say music. Music is what I turn to when I need to fill a void, when I want to remember, when I need comfort or when I need inspiration. I listen to quite an eclectic mix. Speaking of music…
- If you could have a song play every time you enter a room, what would it be? My mind automatically turned to that Six Flags commercial from back in the day with the spirited old man dancing around to that nonsensical techno song, so I guess I’d have to go with that one.
The award also begs the recipient to list 3 things about themselves and link their top 3 blog posts, so in case you’re curious…
- I like to wear toe shoes and walk through the grass and pick dandelions with my feet. Really the weeds just get stuck in the crevices, but it makes me smile every time it happens. 🙂
- I currently have a momma bird living in the wreath on my front door with 6 eggs inside a precariously perched nest. I found out about the momma when I opened the door and she flew inside the house.
- I just became a Notary Public, so I can now start charging people for my signature (but only up to $5 + travel costs).
Best Blog Posts (according to my stats)
Though I feel I have to add a link to my post that has been published: Modern Day Romance.
If you wish to participate in this award, you can find the actual rules listed on Becky’s post. Or you can do what I did and make your own rules. For those of you interested, here are some questions you can answer:
- Who would play you in a movie about your life and what genre would the movie be?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- What has been your favorite vacation? Where did you go and what did you do?
- What was the last lie you told?
- Write a haiku (5-7-5).
Tag me in your post if you participate. I’d love to read your answers. 🙂